COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
Updated September 16th:
As we look ahead, and hopefully enter Phase 5 on October 4th, we will continue to follow all public health COVID-19 guidelines and protocols.
We will be requiring proof of double vaccination for anyone 12* and over for all our races. It is policy, and we must adhere to the proof of vaccination requirement that will be coming into effect on October 4th. Proof of vaccination will be required at kit pick up.
*We will follow the recommended guidelines from public health with respect to 12-year-olds and double vaccinations.
The following guidelines were developed for our races to deliver a safe event for all involved during this pandemic. The below may change to align with the Nova Scotia Government COVID-19 protocols.
Our analysis of the event resulted in a series of operational principles organized around six areas of contagion risk mitigation below:
- Physical Distancing and Density Reduction
- Touch Point Minimization
- Education and Communication
- Participant Self Reliance and Education
- Virtual Components
With these six areas in mind there are several changes participants can expect to see and experience prior to race weekend and on race weekend itself. We ask that you review these safety measures and consider them before signing up. We realize this may not be the race experience you are looking for and the virtual race may be more ideal for you.
- Both days and time of Race Kit pick up will be extended to alleviate any possible congestion.
- Indoor kit pick-up will follow provincial guidelines (mandatory masks).
- Curbside pick-up will be introduced, minimizing interaction between participants and staff.
- Kit pick up will not be permitted the day or morning of any race.
- Masks will be required at the start area as an additional precaution.
- Water stations will be available for all races however they are self serve. Participants should also bring their own hydration.
- Water will be available at the finish line for all distances.
- Participants will be required to collect their own medal after crossing the finish line.
- Participants will be required to collect their own individually nutrition after crossing the finish line.
Other things participants can expect to see:
- Hand sanitizer stations. These will be placed at high touch point surfaces such as portable washrooms.
- Event personal with PPE (gloves and hand sanitizer).
- Increased communication leading up the event about COVID-19 safety protocols and what participants need to know for race day.
The following services will not be offered during the pandemic:
- Race day kit pick up
- Bag storage for participants