Walk-up Registration & Blue Nose Expo Opens 10 am ADT – World Trade and Convention Centre
We’re busy getting ourselves ready for the big weekend! You can still register in person beginning Friday, May 16 10am ADT at the Blue Nose Expo at the World Trade & Convention Centre.
Walk-Up Registration Hours:
Friday, May 16 – Adults & Youth, 10am-7pm ADT
Saturday, May 17 – Youth 8am-10am ADT; 5k 8am – NOON
Saturday, May 17 – 10k, Half, Full Marathon 8am-6pm ADT
Sunday, May 18 – Race-day registration not available
Active Living Expo
Attention Companies, Organizations, Charities: Become an Exhibitor in the Active Living Expo, it is a great opportunity to show the thousands of participants what you are about. Click here for more information.
“Myles” is happy to confirm that the 10k, Half and Full Marathon routes are the same as 2013.
Key 2014 highlights:
- NEW, 5K MOVING FROM SUNDAY TO SATURDAY. START TIME 3:00PM. New, flat route. 5k course route will close 5:00pm.
- 10K START TIMES 8:50AM AND 8:55 AM
- NEW START TIME FOR THE HALF MARATHON…8:10am
- NEW: 2K AND 4K YOUTH RUNS. Two great options for new and experienced runners.
- same start and finish line locations as 2013 (Start on Sackville, near Queen | Finish near Town Clock on Brunswick)
- the ‘front half’ of the Full Marathon will again be on the Dartmouth side
- the Half Marathon is entirely on the Halifax side
- the 10k will again be highlighted by the remarkable trip over and back on the Macdonald Bridge
- 10k runners/walkers are asked to privde your estimated finish time line on your registration form when registering for your race (ie. 1 hr, 10 min); we are introducing two waves for the 10k in 2014; 8:50am AND 8:55am
- Course closure times: Saturday, 5k -5:00pm Sunday, 10k, Half, Full Marathon 2:00pm. 7:00am start for full marathon walkers and runners who think they will be longer than 6 hours, please note after 2:00pm support will be limited. We ask participants to assume the role of pedestrians
Baby Joggers, Pets, Bicycles and other Restricted Items
To ensure our race events are safe for everyone participating and spectating, please note that baby joggers and strollers, pets (whether on or off leash), roller blades, inline skates, scooters, skateboards, rickshaws and bicycles will not be permitted on the race route. Non-compliance with these safety rules will result in disqualification. We continue to welcome walkers with Nordic poles and wheelchair athletes on the routes.
This policy applies to 5k-10k-Half Marathon-Full Marathon only. Does NOT apply to the Youth Run.
Blue Nose Weekend Events
Blue Nose Weekend is much more than simply participating in one of the five distance events of your choice. “Myles” has carefully prepared a special 3-day series of events designed to provide you, your family and your friends with one great experience after another.
Our Commitment to You! It’s not just a run. Nor is it just a walk. It’s a 11th year blast! Probably the most fun you can legally have on our city streets. When you prepare for the Blue Nose, be sure to buff up your spirit of fun. In return, we commit to making the experience for all participants an extraordinary one. In an effort to fulfill this commitment, you can count on the following:
- Safe routes that takes you through Halifax and Dartmouth’s historic neighbourhoods, parks and waterfronts
- Two (2) safe, secure online registration services. The choice is yours!
- Early bird registration savings
- No Sweat Policy – our worry free registration policy
- Scotiabank Charity Challenge – make your Blue Nose experience even more meaningful, support one of the 70 charities
- Over 1,400 friendly volunteers ready to assist you
- SHOE Mountain – bring your gently used running shoes to WTCC during Expo/Kit Pick Up. Shoes will be distributed free-of-charge to Nova Scotians in need.
- On-course entertainment featuring Nova Scotian musicians
- A good excuse to paint your nose blue
- Water stations every 3kms throughout the course, stocked with water, Gatorade and GU Energy gels (Full + Half Marathon)
- Prompt medical services should you require assistance
- A memorable 11th Annual medal for all finishers, adult and youth
- Iconic 11th Annual “Finished’er Jacket” will be available to purchase
- New generation timing device – comes as part of your BIB
- E-Results – finishing times available electronically inside Halifax Metro Centre
- Over 180 NEW awards for 1st-2nd-3rd place finishers
- Post-Race Party for the Youth Run and 5k inside Halifax Metro Centre on Saturday
- Post Race Mixer for 10k-Half-Full inside Halifax Metro Centre on Sunday
- Free bag storage inside Halifax Metro Centre on Saturday and Sunday
- Wide range of Free events throughout 3 day Blue Nose Weekend
- Two (2) day Expo, featuring over 70 exhibitors
- AND…the always popular Post Race Party at WTCC Sunday night, May 18.