The Scotiabank Blue Nose Marathon began with a dream – that Halifax, Nova Scotia should have its own annual marathon. Realizing that there were many races around the world, we came up with a unique idea. Our marathon would be part of a weekend of events promoting and celebrating healthy living and active lifestyles. As well, we would encourage everyone in our community and beyond to get involved as a volunteer, sponsor, spectator, or participant, be it as a runner, walker, or Nordic walker.
Our Mission is to engage the imaginations of fellow Nova Scotians in a way that inspires them to seek healthy, active and vital lifestyles.
The Blue Nose Marathon is recognized as the community event of the year.
As a volunteer-driven, community based celebration, Scotiabank Blue Nose Marathon will:
- Serve as a catalyst to promote health, fitness and active lifestyles
- Encourage the participation of people of all levels, abilities and ages
- Make a difference in youth attitude’s toward health and fitness
- Serve as a vehicle for raising significant funds to support the well being of our community
- Showcase Halifax’s beauty, attractions and sense of community
- Involve the whole community through participation, volunteering, sponsoring, spectating and fund raising
- Treat everyone as elite performers – participants, volunteers, spectators, sponsors, suppliers, fundraisers or general public
- Deliver an ‘extraordinary experience’ for everyone